Sometimes I like to branch out and try new things. Sometimes they work and sometimes they totally fail. Or sometimes getting to that point struggles a lot. I was getting these cupcakes ready yesterday and I didn’t think I would make it out of the kitchen. We have limited counter space and sometimes it feels like everything is closing in on me when I’m preparing dinner or a treat. The sugar fell out of the cabinet and I didn’t realize that some had spilled into one of the burners. Let’s just say that I’m grateful for baking soda to help put out a significant flame. Then of course the sugar was all over the floor no matter where I had swept so my feet slowly got stickier and stickier as I was trying to get things done. Sound like something you’ve been through? Well, at least this Orange Cream Cheese Frosting was delicious after all the craziness!
So for the actual cupcake, I used a cake mix I had in the cupboard. The flavor was Orange Sherbet and I thought it would be perfect for this time of year, plus it was fun coming up with a delicious recipe for it! There are only a few ingredients so it’s pretty simple!
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1⅓-2 T squeezed orange juice
- Water (as needed)
- Make sure that the cream cheese is nice and soft and place it in medium or large bowl.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 T orange juice.
- Blend using a mixer on low until powdered sugar is somewhat mixed and then increase speed.
- Add more powdered sugar, vanilla and the rest of the orange juice to taste and continue mixing.
- Give it a taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Spread onto your favorite treat and enjoy!
What is your favorite treat for summer?