Every once in a while, I’ll pick up something that would be fun to use in a recipe or project, not usually knowing exactly what I will use it for. As I was trying to come up with a dessert to take to a family dinner and not wanting to go to the store, I found a bag of mint chips and figured I could come up with something. We love homemade Oreos as well as the store bought Mint Oreos so I figured I would combine the two and see what happened.
These turned out to be delicious! I actually wasn’t sure if everyone liked mint so I made half of the cookies without the chips and half with. The chips give enough flavor that I didn’t even need to add the chips to the cream cheese frosting. I didn’t have a boxed cake mix on hand but used a recipe for a DIY cake mix, which turned out perfectly!
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c butter
- 1 bag Andes Mint Chips
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix cake mix with eggs and butter.
- Stir in mint chips.
- Roll into equal size balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes and let cool for a few minutes.
- Use a mixer to combine ingredients for the icing.
- Spread icing on one cookie and top with another.
What are your favorite kind of Oreos?