I shared this awesome recipe a few weeks ago over at The Stitchin Mommy and wanted to let you in on the goodness. It’s a quick and easy dinner recipe–Lemon Pepper Chicken Rolls.
This was always one of my favorite dinners when I was growing up, and one that I always requested when I came home from college.
The first step is pretty simple. Just take the cream cheese and cooked chicken and mix them together. (You can also used canned chicken). I usually mix it with my hands but you can use a mixer if that’s easier.
Then I add the lemon pepper seasoning. I like a lot of it because of the flavor but just add it to your liking.
For this part, we usually get the cans of crescent rolls from the store. (I had some leftover dough from our little hotdogs so I used this) Open up the dough but keep two triangles together in a square/rectangle so you will have enough dough to make the bundle. Then put an equal amount of filling on each section.
Take the edges and bring them together, making sure all the filling is covered.
I like to sprinkle a little more lemon pepper on top and then bake on a cookie sheet.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Rolls
Bake 375 for 15-20 minutes
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
1 package cream cheese
Lemon Pepper to taste
2 cans crescent roll dough
1. Combine chicken, cream cheese and lemon pepper seasoning.
2. Undo roll dough but keep two triangles together, making 4 rectangles out of each can.
3. Divide the filling among the 8 rectangles.
4. Fold up the sides of dough and seal in the filling.
5. Sprinkle with extra lemon pepper seasoning or salt and pepper and then bake.
6. Allow to cool about 5 minutes before eating.
I hope you enjoy it!