So last Sunday, we were supposed to take a dessert to share to my in-laws. Since I am so awesome at waiting until the last minute, this is what I came up with. And what better combination of ingredients than strawberries and chocolate right?
I used this recipe to make the pie crust but any old graham cracker one would work.
Pile in the strawberries….
1 graham cracker crust, from the store or homemade
1 large package of chocolate pudding mix
1 tub of whipped cream, or 1 pint whipping cream made in the mixer
1 lb strawberries, sliced
Favorite chocolate syrup
1. Make graham cracker crust if doing so from scratch. Make sure to let it cool off before adding other ingredients.
2. Fill the bottoms with sliced strawberries.
3. Mix pudding according to package directions, adding about 3/4 c of whipped cream.
4. Pour into pie dish and then refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Top with remaining whipped topping, strawberries and drizzle with chocolate sauce.